Animation is now a days the talk of the town. It helps bring about that synergy effect as it’s got some mind boggling features that keep the viewer engaged and engrossed. With so many features, if you wish to know how to create a great animation film then the following tips would definitely come handy.
Before you start to design your animation, make sure that you are clear about the three phases which any short animated film goes through; Namely: Pre-Production Stage, Production Stage and Post Production Stage.
Phase 1: Pre Production: This is one of the most important stages as most of the planning is conducted here. This is the stage where in a rough draft is prepared and a schedule is laid out which portrays which all activities need to be followed in what particular order.
Following are the steps to follow during Pre Production:
- Choose your concept- Choose what idea you wish to work on.
- Create a Story Board- Once you are sure of the concept, now is the time to form a storyboard which revolves around your concept.
- Write the Script- Once you have segregated each section with the help of your storyboard, it’s the right time to start working on your script
- Figure out Angles and Projections- Work hard on figuring out the correct angles and projections for each shot.
- Create characters- After a rough layout is prepared now you can decide on the characters that will be featuring in your animation.
- Determine Layout according to the Story Board- Double check your layout, make sure that it is in accordance with the story board.
Phase 2: Production– Most of the Ground work is done during this stage. The work which was panned during the pre-production stage is now implemented and is realized.
Most of these Steps cater to different mediums of implementing the animation.
- Modeling- Model animation is a kind of stop motion animation intended to combine with live action films to generate the illusion of a real-world imaginary arrangement.
- Texturing- Texturing means a process by which specialized animators produce amazing miniatures. This particularizing may denote to specifying of a character or the atmosphere in which the character is positioned.
- Lighting- Performers are required to duplicate the development of lighting, thus receiving reaction, and in conclusion, adjusting to grow
- Rigging- Digital sculptures are prepared in the process of rigging, where the animation controls are formulated.
- Simulation and animation- Computer simulation and animation are well known for their uses in imagining and amplification of multifaceted and vibrant proceedings.
Phase 3: Post Production. This stage is like a test phase where in the team tests what has been developed and if it has come out according to the plans. The post production phase verifies that the final work which is delivered is in accordance to the requirements.
- Composition- Everything is checked with relevance to the script. The composition is checked from start to finish.
- Sound & Video Editing- Sound and back ground music plays a very important part of any animation movie, therefore at this stage the video is synced to the perfect Score!
- Export the final file- Once everything has been double checked and required rework is done, the final file is then exported and is ready to be released!